A COMMITMENT TO INNOVATION SINCE 1886
Over 120 years ago, the twin sons of C.H. Waterous, a Canadian steam fire engine manufacturer, set up shop in the scenic riverside city of South Saint Paul, Minnesota. Though a young city, South Saint Paul was already becoming one of the fastest growing transportation and industrial centers in the United States. Its central location and proximity to the Mississippi River, made it an ideal hub for international manufacturing companies to ship products around the world.
Interested in the continued growth of South Saint Paul, a private development company offered the Waterous brothers free land to build their factory. The new building, located less than a mile from the present day facility, was erected and in full operation by the time the city was officially incorporated in 1887. Over the next year, the Waterous brothers formed the foundation of what was to be Waterous' commitment to innovation by introducing the first gasoline powered pumper in 1887.
Today, the company continues the Waterous brothers' legacy by being the fire service industry's leading innovator and manufacturer of fire pumps and waterworks equipment. What started as a single factory in the quiet riverside city of South Saint Paul, Minnesota, has grown into an internationally recognized company that continues to develop better products and services for the global firefighting community.