Date: October 2, 2019
THE WATEROUS DIFFERENCE
What makes Waterous different from other pump manufacturers?
Made in the USA
- Castings made in the U.S.A
- Engineered in the U.S.A.
- Machining done in the U.S.A.
- Assembly done in the U.S.A
- Tested in the U.S.A
- Flame Plated Impeller hubs add four to five times on the life expectancy of the hub of the impeller—unmatched dependability.
Labyrinth-Style Wear Rings
- Labyrinth-Style Wear Rings, appreciably restrict recirculation and improve overall efficiency and longevity of the wear ring.
- The Waterous “C20” chain drive transmission offers the smoothest, quietest and most efficient transfer of power available in the industry.
- The quiet operation minimizes the chance for communication error amongst fire personnel due to traditional gear case noise. This is an indirect benefit of the Waterous “C20” pump transmission. The C20 helps to reduce the weight of the overall pump package.
- The “C20” requires less horsepower, enhancing efficiency of the apparatus.
- The “C20” does not require a transmission cooler eliminating the concern of freezing cooler lines and subsequent damage resulting from water in the transmission oil.
Ease of Maintenance
- Separable impeller shaft assembly on CS/CSU, CM/CMU pumps.
- Due to Waterous CS/CSU enhanced design, a preformed O-ring is used between
- The pump body halves, rather than a paper gasket which is labor intensive to remove when performing maintenance.
- Waterous uses a sealed outboard ball bearing rather than an oil-bath system, which eliminates maintenance at the outboard end of the pump.
- Unmatched in the industry.
- Combined total of over 170 years of customer service and technical support staff.
- Over 95% of the parts orders received ship within two business days (ground shipments) and on the same day for rush orders.
- We maintain an order accuracy of 99% for all parts orders.
- Waterous offers individual parts and repair kits.
- All Waterous pumps are tracked by serial number which ensures accurate pump records and parts orders.
- Our machine shop and pump assembly staff have average 25 years of experience as Waterous employees.